Highland Beach Labradoodles LLC
Three Day General Health Guarantee
1. At the time of transfer of this puppy from Breeder to Purchaser, the Breeder guarantees your new puppy is in good health and has received age appropriate vaccinations by a licensed veterinarian as well as worming care, which is done in our home. Purchaser will be provided with all veterinary records of puppy while puppy was in the care of Breeder.
2. From the time of transfer of puppy from Breeder to Purchaser, Purchaser must take the puppy to a licensed veterinarian for an initial general health exam within 72 hours. This health guarantee becomes null and void if Purchaser has not taken the puppy into a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of receiving puppy.
3. If within 72 hours the Purchaser’s veterinarian discovers a chronic or serious health problem with puppy, immediate proof of medical exam and diagnosis by the veterinarian is required. Breeder reserves the right to a second opinion by a veterinarian of Breeder’s choice, at Breeder’s expense.
4. If puppy is found to have poor health (documented by 2 licensed veterinarians) within 72 hours, Breeder may either replace puppy from an upcoming litter of Breeders choice OR refund the purchase price of said puppy (Breeder’s decision). Puppy must be returned (at Purchaser’s expense) immediately. If Purchaser chooses to keep puppy diagnosed with poor health within 72 hours, Breeder will reimburse for veterinary costs related to pre-existing condition up to the Purchase Price of this puppy. The Purchase Price can be found in clause 1 of the Puppy Purchase Agreement related to this same dog.
5. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to provide due care, and not expose unprotected puppy whose vaccines have not yet taken effect to contagious situations including but not limited to exposure to other dogs, dog parks and/or animal waste.
Two Year Genetic Health Guarantee
1. This two year health guarantee is valid from the date of birth until the dogs second birthday. This guarantee covers all serious life altering genetic disease. The Breeder always reserves the right to have a second opinion by a licensed veterinarian of Breeder’s choice, at Breeder’s expense.
2. Hip dysplasia is also covered for the first two years under this guarantee. If the dog is diagnosed with hip dysplasia within the first two years of life and the Purchaser wants to make a claim for reimbursement from Breeder the Purchaser must submit both X-Ray and accompanying report of dysplasia from either the OFA, BVA or PennHip to the Breeder. The dog must be showing physical symptoms on a regular basis and shall not have been overweight or overexposed to stairs at any time during the guarantee period for claims to be covered.
3. For Purchaser to make any claim on this Health Guarantee Purchaser must be able to provide Breeder with up to date veterinary and treatment records for the life of the dog.
Breeder reserves the right to review all medical/treatment records with a licensed veterinarian of Breeder’s choice, at Breeder’s expense.
4. In the event that within the first two years of life the dog is affected by a serious life altering genetic disease including Hip Dysplasia, Breeder will either replace the dog OR reimburse the Purchaser for medical treatment costs related to the genetic disease, up to the original Purchase Price of the dog (Breeder’s decision). Total of all reimbursable claims for this dog can never exceed the original Purchase Price for this dog. The Purchase Price for this dog is equal to the maximum amount this Health Guarantee covers for any and all claims. The Purchase Price can be found in clause 1 of the Puppy Purchase Agreement related to this same dog.
5. Should dog have been subject to any of the following during the two year guarantee period, the guarantee immediately becomes null and void.
o Failure to maintain puppy’s general health care (this includes obesity)
o Feeding the puppy a poor quality diet
o Neglect, trauma, or abuse
o Excessive stair climbing until (at minimum) 11 months of age
o The administration of any other vaccine including but not limited to Rabies vaccination, Lyme vaccination, or Leptospirosis vaccination in conjunction with DHPP/DAPP vaccinations (commonly referred to as a ‘distemper’ vaccine). This is to prevent serious adverse reactions that can result from multiple vaccinations being administered at the same time. When a dog is given a Rabies, Lyme, or Leptospirosis vaccination as a stand -alone vaccine, if the dog were to have an adverse reaction it will allow you to know exactly which vaccination the dog is having experiencing the side effect/reaction from. Severe damage can be done which can result in a suppressed immune system by overloading a dog with vaccinations. Do not ever combine (aka ‘stack’) vaccines. Vaccines need to be administered one at a time with at least 3 weeks in between each administration.
o All types of oral, ingestible and/or chewable flea and/or tick preventatives are strictly prohibited. This Health Guarantee immediately becomes null and void if the dog is ever given even a single dose of any type of oral flea/tick medication including but not limited to NexGard and Bravecto. Do not ever give your dog any type of ingestible flea/tick preventative; they are known to cause severe side effects including organ failure.
6. Under no circumstances shall the Breeder be liable for any consequential, incidental, or special damages resulting from negligence and environmental factors including but not limited to: dog interactions/fights, any type of animal attack/interaction, ingesting of toxins or medications regardless whether accidental or intentional, death/injury resulting from automobile accidents and/or the dog being struck by any type of moving vehicle or person(s).
7. This warranty does not cover skin/food/environmental allergies. We have no control of the area your pup may be in, the food you choose to feed your pup, or the environmental factors that may trigger allergies. Allergies in dogs (like people) can develop at any time.
8. This warranty does not cover cosmetic teeth/bite issues such as an under-bite, over-bite or base narrow canines. These are recessive genes that can be common to our breed and cannot be tested for or prevented prior to breeding.
9. This warranty applies only to the original Purchaser. Upon transfer of ownership of the dog, this warranty becomes null and void.
10. Breeder agrees to accept return of dog at any time during the life of the dog for any reason (with no financial reimbursement to Purchaser). Purchaser agrees never to relinquish dog to a shelter and to contact Breeder immediately in the event that the dog needs to be rehomed.
11. Our return/rehome policy is as follows…
o In the event that the Purchaser needs to immediately rehome dog, Purchaser agrees to ship or deliver puppy to Breeder at Purchaser’s expense.
o In the event that rehoming the dog is not an emergency situation, Purchaser agrees to keep the dog until the Breeder can find a new home for the dog. This is a much better situation for the dog, so that it only needs to make one transition.
o Upon rehoming the dog, Breeder agrees to refund any proceeds (minus any expenses that are incurred by Breeder for the dog during the re-home process ie: training, boarding, vet care, grooming etc..) from the rehome to the original Purchaser. If rehoming does occur Breeder will not keep any proceeds (minus any expenses) acquired from the new/second Purchaser. In a rehome situation the Breeder’s main focus will be finding a committed home and family for the dog, Breeder may choose to reduce or waive any adoption fee for the new adoptive parents. The original Purchaser (signature below) is not in any way guaranteed reimbursement of any funds if they choose to surrender this dog to be rehomed.
Full and Final Agreement
Both parties acknowledge that this written agreement constitutes the entire agreement between them and that no other representations, either oral or written have been made regarding the dog described above. By affixing your signature below, Purchaser understands, approves, and agrees to the provisions and terms set forth in this agreement. No additional changes to this contract shall be binding unless agreed to and signed by both parties.
If for any reason and at any time during the life of your dog the dog requires a new home, we ask that you contact us first. We will work hard to find the best resolution for everyone (including the dog) whether it be delivering the dog to us, or assisting in finding your dog a new home. We never want any of our puppies to end up in a shelter. We will support families of our puppies in any way we can and are always here to help.